Introductory Blog

My sister and I Christmas morning
(Go Bills!)

Hello, my name is Alexis Raniewicz. I am currently a senior majoring in Interior Architecture and Design. I am from Rochester, NY where I have lived all my life, so coming to college a few hours away was a big change for me. I grew up with a twin sister and we were by each other's side through everything. We choose to go to different colleges because of our different interests and wanted to experience new things on our own and going on this trip will be one of those experiences that I didn't want to pass up! My hobbies usually include watching my favorite movies, listening to music, reading, making cookies or brownies, and being outdoors in the warm weather. 

 Architecture has always been an interest of mine and knowing there are so many places around the world that I have never seen is one of the main reasons I chose to go on this study abroad trip. I don't know very much about the places we will be visiting, but I suppose that is what this class will teach me and what traveling will show me. I have never been outside of the country and I've only been on a plane a few times so when I learned of this study-abroad opportunity I knew I had to do it. Being a senior, I plan to get a job after graduating so for me this is the perfect time to travel and learn about the culture, people, traditions, and architecture before starting a full-time job. I can't wait to try new food and drinks and see the way people live in Scotland, England, and Ireland. I think this is going to be an amazing experience and I am excited that I will be traveling with a group of students who share this same interest as me!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dublin Blog

Mrs. Dalloway Blog #1